Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 10 - A Great General Conference Weekend!!!

April 6, 2015

Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful Easter and an awesome General Conference weekend! 

This week was pretty slow. There is nothing too notable other than, of course, General Conference and Easter! We had one investigator come to watch conference with us, and a few others informed us that they watched some at home which is super neat! 

I loved the thoughts that were shared. I loved the spirit that came through listening to the apostles and more specifically the Prophet. Being on a mission, every church event automatically becomes that much cooler and better! haha it is awesome. I would love to share some thoughts about conference, but there are almost too many, and I don't know where to begin! Each talk was so powerful and great. I love the emphasis on families. The family is SO important! A few of the talks I really loved included Elder Clayton's (my mission president's brother), President Bednar's, Elder Andersen's, President Monson's, Elder Pearson's. I am excited to actually get the talks and read them! I am running low on time again, but will hopefully be able to expound more later! I would love to hear what your thoughts are on your favorite talks though!  

This past week, I have been focusing a lot on the Holy Ghost. He is awesome, but also tricky. Before I came out on the mission, I thought I knew how he spoke to me. I thought I had it down pat. You can imagine my surprise when I came out and learned that He can speak to us through a million different ways. I would typically feel him through feelings. However, He now talks to me through many other ways, including thoughts and impressions. Even though I am not learning another language, it often feels like I am! I am learning how the Holy Ghost communicates. Sometimes, it is rough. There have been many times where I feel like I can't feel him at all. It is so frustrating and can be extremely discouraging! I imagine that this is in someway how missionaries like Ryan and Grace who actually have to learn another language feel. But, you keep on working at it, and it gets easier. I would encourage all of you to write down different times throughout the day and througout the week when you feel the spirit talking to you! It is good to have this written down so you can always remember! It wasn't until I started writing it down that I realized I feel the Spirit a lot more than I thought I did. I am also able to see and notice all the different ways he talks to me! It is so helpful. 

Well, I love you all! I am so grateful for all of your prayers. I can truly feel them working in my behalf. I am expecting miracles this week as I go out and talk to everyone I see, and I will definitely share those with you next week, so be excited for that, because I am! Have a great week, and remember to read your scriptures everyday, everyday, everyday! :) 

Much love!   Sister Robison

Started jumping rope between 6:30 and 7:00 every morning.  Done on our balcony so as not
to bother our neighbors below us.  This is typically the view!  It's easier to exercise looking at this!      Above:  Elephant Chocolates from Thailand
                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment