Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 41 - Family and Friends

                                                                                                                   November 16, 2015


Hello hello! 

What a few couple of weeks it has been! I have definitely been learning lots. 

For the most part, this week was pretty good. We have gone out and worked more this week than we have in a little bit! This week our zone had a huge focus on inviting people to church! We decided collectively that each day from 4-5, we would all go out and invite all that we saw! This was good for both of us! It gave us a set time to OYM and as well, a great reason to talk to people! In the past few transfers, contacting and talking to people has become my favorite part of the day! I love finding time, and I have definitely felt withdraws from not being able to do much of that each day, so it was so nice to be able to get out and open my mouth!  

A large struggle of the week has been my throat (as well as some other symptoms). Of course, my throat decided to act up the same time the weather decided to act up, and all at the same time the zone decided to do this challenge! I reassured Sister Edwards we were going to work through all the rain and wind and cold for the hour each day! It was going pretty well until the weather on Thursday got kinda nasty... We lasted for 40 minutes before my throat hurt pretty bad, my ears ached, and Sister Edward's legs and face were numb... Then we called it good for the day. The worst part was waking up Friday morning... I am sure I looked pretty miserable at district meeting that day... :) But! That is okay. We found some wonderful potentials- many of which have been looking for a church! We are looking forward to working with them in the future! And, don't worry, we decided to take it easier the rest of the week. We went to our appointments, and filled up the remainder of times with other productive things in doors. But! This week looks like it is supposed to be much warmer, and my throat should be better by the end of the week! So, hopefully we will be able to keep trucking on! :) 

We had a really neat lesson with one of our newer investigators Kim this week. It was our second time meeting with her. She is a chatter box, and loves to talk about all the things she has learned and seen throughout her life! It is a bit of a challenge to keep her on topic, but, we did it! We were able to talk to her about the Book of Mormon, and shared the first vision as well as Moroni's Promise (Moroni 10:3-5) with her! She SOAKED IT UP! She loved it! The spirit was strong, and she was just waiting for more! She quickly agreed to read the Book of Mormon, as well as to be baptized if she came to know it was true! It was one of those lessons where everything was good. Happy day! :) 

This week, we had the chance to participate a lot with the young womens! Sister Edwards and I were invited to speak at the Young Womens of Excellence night! We both spoke on specific virtues as well as some of the experiences we have had throughout personal progress, and how it has helped us in our lives thus far. I had the opportunity to speak on Divine Nature. As I was looking at the Divine Nature Value, I realized that that was quite easily one of the most important and influential values for me. That is the value that challenged me to improve my relationship with Kelly! Our relationship went from rocky to solid, and part of the credit is given to that, and the other to my parents. I am so grateful for it though. I wouldn't trade my friendship with Kelly, or any of my other family members for anything! Anyways, it was a great evening, and we were grateful to be there to support the young womens program in the Welland ward. Though it may be small (4 active girls), they are great! Sunday, we were able to teach a lesson in young womens as well! The Young Womens President asked us to speak on President Nelson's talk, "A Plea to My Sisters." (I was excited when I heard that Bishop Yamane spoke on that talk at the Summerlin Young Womens of Excellence night as well! It is such a great talk!) I would invite all of you to read it. 

All in all, a good week. A better week! And, it looks like we have a good week coming up. On Wednesday, we will be headed to Kitchener for a Zone Conference with Elder Perkins of the 70! We are very excited and look forward to learning from his remarks and instruction. 

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. I love you all and am so grateful for all that you have done and continue to do for me! :) Have a great week! Loves! 

Sister Robison 

PONDERIZE: This week, instead of doing a particular scripture, we are 
going to do a Hymn! Hymn number 241, Count Your Many Blessings. 
I am excited and hope you enjoy! :) 

PS mom and dad, I will get a pic for you next week! and, if you are planning on it, don't send a chirstmas package until the 29th. Transfers are coming up and there is a good chance I could be leaving! If you want to send it early, you can send it to the mission office 

No comments:

Post a Comment