Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 6 - It is starting to warm up a little which is a huge blessing!

                                                                                                             March 9, 2015


So, I am pretty cut for time today so no pictures again... sorry!

Last week I mentioned that I have been doing Church, the Sacrament, and the Scriptures all wrong. Let me expound upon that a little! So, as missionaries, we often teach what we like to call the CPR lesson. It focuses on Church, Prayer, and Scriptures. These are the essentials. The primary answers. But, they truly are the key to helping us become converted and gain a testimony about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

It is essential that we go to church. Church is where we can feel the spirit, learn from one another, and draw closer to our Heavenly Father. Is SO important that we partake of the sacrament. Until coming on my mission, I don't think I fully understood the complete reasons behind and blessings that come from taking the sacrament. What has helped me to come to a better realization is studying the sacrament prayer. I don't have too much time to explain it, but I would encourage you to read it. Study the word sanctify and try to understand why it is important and the symbolism behind it. Also, make a key note of those things we did promise at baptism. Finally, note that when we promise to keep up our end of the bargain, we have been promised to always have the spirit with us, as well as to be forgiven of all of our sins in the past week. The sacrament is truly amazing and it isn't until recently that I feel like I have actually been partaking of the sacrament.

Prayer is so important for many reasons. It helps us to develop a relationship with our Heavenly Father. Treat prayer as a two way communication. Spend time after your prayers in silence so that you may be able to ponder on what Heavenly Father may be trying to communicate to you. Heavenly Father knows what we need before we ask. But, he is not going to give it to us until we ask! So, make sure you are open to the personal revelation you will receive!

The Scriptures! Ah! I love the scriptures. From them, we can get peace and understanding. It is another way to receive revelation. The Book of Mormon is proof of the restored gospel. If you have faith in the Book of Mormon and know it to be true, then subsequently you have faith in the rest of the gospel! Wahoo!

As we do CPR though, we can draw closer to our Savior and learn of him more. It is important to continuously feed your testimony. By dropping even one part of the CPR, you are depriving yourself and your testimony.

Anyways, my week has been very good. It is starting to warm up a little which is a huge blessing! Day light savings killed me and my companion. We lost an hour and that was very sad. But, know that I am doing well, know that I am being fed a lot! Probably too much... If it continues, I will come back pudgy! hehe :)

Emmanuel is still on track for his baptism which is awesome! Don't worry mom, we meet him at the library or other public places, and sometimes even with a member! He does live in a sketchy area that we don't go to. But, he is awesome and is so ready for the gospel!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment