Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 44 - Moose Meat, Bikes, and Mustaches!

                                                                                                                                December 7, 2015

Good Morning! I hope this letter is finding you all well! :) 

This has been a great week! We have worked hard and have had lots of fun while doing it! Bracebridge is a beautiful area! It kinda reminds me of a cross between Idaho- Island Park area, and Midway! Strange, but that is what comes to mind! It is a rather large area with even smaller towns. Welland had approximately 53,000 Bracebridge has 16,000. Finding new investigators is going to be fun since my companion has only been here for 6 weeks and it already sounds like she has worked over the entire town and the other small towns as well. But, I am excited. The Lord always seems to put prepared people in our path! 

This week, I had a lot of firsts! To name a few, I ate moose meat, I rode a bike in a skirt, my companion and I wore mustaches for our district meeting, we skyped in for district meeting, I am doing language study, and the list goes on! :) 
People up here eat moose. It's a regular occurrence... It tasted pretty similar to beef, but a little different.. haha! A Returning member apparently hunted the moose and then gave a ton of the meat to the missionaries! Once we get our oven fixed we are going to try and cook a Moose Roast! :D 
Our area is pretty big. I believe it would take at least an hour to get from one side to the other. Our Ward Mission Leader lives about 50 kilometers away. So, with that being said, on those days we stay in Bracebridge, we walk or ride bikes as much as we can. Save the K's! 
Sister Meleisea and I are the only sisters in our Zone. So, when we skyped in for district meeting, we couldn't help but wear some mustaches so we could fit in! :D They all got a good laugh out of it :) (We skype because for all of us to get together, many of us would be traveling for hours... So, mom and dad, there is a good chance I will be skyping at Christmas!)
Sister Meleisea is such a goof! She is from originally from Samoa. At age 17, she was adopted by a family in California who are members, and that is how she came to join the church! Her English is really good! She didn't learn much in California because her mom and some of her family there spoke Samoan. But, we have fun! She is always singing, doing something silly, or telling me funny stories. I love her! This will be her 4th transfer in the field. She has such a powerful testimony, and is a hard working missionary. I am really excited about this transfer. Our two companion ship goals are to work hard and have fun! So far, so good! 

I was able to talk to my mission president briefly at transfers. We were able to talk about my companion. She is now in a Tri in a very busy area where the work is going really well. I am sure that is going to help her a ton! We talked about my last area a little and he reassured me that next transfer, if not the one after that, missionaries would be heading back to it. And until then, some neighboring missionaries would be continuing on the work there. Then we talked about my sickness, and he gave me a blessing. He rebuked the illness and commanded my systems to all work together for my good. He blessed me with added strength to go out and do the Lord's work. It was a really special experience. I don't think I have ever had so many priesthood blessings in my life... I think I had 4 in 1 transfer... 2 from my mission president, and 2 from my zone leaders! But, after the blessing, pain and sick feeling from my stomach subsided and went away. I checked my throat the next day, and the white dots were gone! I was still experiencing some pain in my throat throughout the week though. However, this morning, I woke up and it was gone. I know that is because of the prayers and fasts that were said for me. Thank you so much. I am so grateful for this gospel. It is true. The Priesthood is real. Fasting is real. God loves all of us! He loves me, and he loves you! :) The last thing President Clayton said to me before I headed out the door to find my new companion was hat what I did this past transfer was hard, but now he just wants me to work hard and have fun! That is exactly what we are doing, and what I plan on doing for the rest of my time on the mission! Time is going to just fly by! That is a scary thought... but good at the same time! 

Know that I am really happy! I love my area. I love my companion. I love feeling better and being able to do the work! I have not heard from Dr. Opper yet and don't really know if I will. But, things are going well! The ward is very loving! They have tons of activities throughout the month so I will be able to get to know them well! It is great! The amount of people might be somewhat small, but their hearts are big! Get this, our bishop is only 30 years old! So young! Its great though! 

Thank you for everything! I hope you all have a good week! Have fun, read your scriptures, and laugh lots! :) Love you! 

Uso Ropeni
(Sister Robison in Samoan! :D) 

PONDERIZE 3 Nephi 18:24

No comments:

Post a Comment