Thursday, July 14, 2016

Week 75 - Oh My. Here You Go!

                                                                                                                                            July 11, 2016 

Well, time is just going and I've decided I don't like it! Haha.. I am terrified. Of what? I don't know... everything... haha. Well, I'll get over it. At some point... hah! 

This week was a party. We even saw Batman in his Batmobile on our way from Brampton. (pictures to follow) ;) 

Anyways, good stuff! Besides the whole internally freaking out thing, I have been doing really well! I have been feeling the spirit strongly each and every day in the various things we have been doing. Cool eh?! Finally doing something right to have His companionship! :) haha, it's good. 

Well, first off, my companion! Sister Smoot! Companion numero 12! :) She is awesome! She is from Kaysville UT! Yay! We are actually really similar and can relate in a lot of ways that I haven't been able to relate to other companions. So, it's awesome! We are enjoying it. :) She is just so cute and so good and just what I need for this next little bit! I am grateful. 

Second, Mississauga! Our area is officially under renovations. We are turning lots of people over to the Lord. They just aren't quite ready. We spent a lot of time this week in weekly planning cleaning things out and preparing it all for a great transfer. It has been impressed upon both of our minds that it is time for us to pray and plead with the Lord for the desires of our hearts. Then, to get up and go out and work work work! As we've been praying to find those that are prepared, we have seen many wonderful miracles! Like what you ask? Let me tell ya'. :) 

- Shalina! Shalina is Indian and, based off a conversation we had with her mom the first time we called, we are pretty sure she grew up Hindu. But, as we met and talked with her a little, she expressed to us that she has been going through a lot of challenges the past 15 years of her life and through it all she has come to know that Jesus is the Christa and that God is there. She had requested a bible through our website. When we showed up to give it to her, she was just filled with gratitude. We were able to talk and testify of the Book of Mormon as well, and invite her to follow Jesus Christ's example and be baptized! The spirit was so strong. It was wonderful. :)  

-The TEMPLE! We received special permission from President Sheilds to go to the Temple with our New Convert Shaun! So, Saturday morning we got to go to the temple with the ward and support Shaun as she did Proxy Baptisms! Happy was the day Shaun got baptized. Happier was the day I saw Shaun in the temple being baptized for her beloved Grandmother. Filled with Joy. That is the only way I can describe how it felt. :) It was amazing! I am so grateful that I was able to be there. Creating Eternal Families is what the gospel is all about. Now, Shaun's not the only member in her family! And, all of her other family members are starting to learn about the temple becuase Shaun has sent missionaries to them! 

I'm running out of time, so I am going to quote Sister Smoot's email a little with her permission.

" -Mississauga is just an ongoing adventure. It's a city, with lots of skyscrapers + funny people. Friday, our investigator came down and was acting all weird in the lesson. She held up this mini crystal ball thing and told me that I was 'fuzzy'.... Well we pretty much ended the lesson and walked away, until she came over while we were talking to a guy, turned to me and started massaging my face!!!! Hahahaha I was like "Hey Andrenne... what are you doin?" ...She just kept saying "Don't worry my hands are clean." Needless to say that we are turning her over to the Lord for help... One day she'll be ready!

-We took a member to a lesson with us.... The GPS led us astray though and we ended up in the next city over- Etobicoke- at the airport. The member, Sis Ennever kept saying "There is no way she lives here." Are you sure? ;) I kept saying to Sister Robison "Man... I know you're going home soon, but I didn't know you wanted to go THAT badly." :P So silly. Nothing but good times on da mish."

In other news, We had MLC's and it was wonderful! President and Sister Sheilds are lovely. We love them already! :) Just good things going on. Good things happening. Love it. Love the missionary work. Love the Lord. Love it all. :) 

Well, I hope you have a good week! Pictures to follow! Know that I love you all!! 

xo Sister Robison :) 
Ponderize: D&C 68:6
Transfer SLEEPOVER

We have all been companions now! Cool eh?

Fam pic with our new mission parents. PRESIDENT+SIS SHIELDS



No comments:

Post a Comment