Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 76 - Helloooooooo

                                                                                                                                        July 25th, 2016


This week has been wonderful as always! My biggest goal right now is just to savor every moment of each day. It is the best! 

We found out that Elder Ballard will be coming to Ontario on August 20th! If things go how they are planned right now, I will miss him by just 3 days! So, I decided to just simply ask my mission president if there is any way I could stay. I don't think I will be able to.. I am pretty sure that my travel plans have been finalized and so forth, but, it never hurts to ask! :) 

We went on exchanges with the Hermanas this week! Super fun! I was blessed to go to their area- THE BUSES! Blessed are the buses. Hermana Bahadur and I had a lot of fun. It was a really good day. We joked and lived it up, and also saw many tender mercies from the Lord.Their area is growing and it is so exciting to see! We are excited for them and their hard work. :) 

We also went on exchanges with the Etobicoke Sisters! This time I stayed in Mississauga. :( (I love etobicoke!) But, it was a good day none the less! We had some great lessons with some wonderful people! We are excited to see them all progress! The funnest part of my exchange with Sister Anthony was when we went to contact a referral after dinner. They weren't home, so we started to work in the area. It was awesome! Almost no one answered their door which was not so awesome... but we were able to talk to some cool people and had a lot of fun while doing it all! :) 

One of the highlights for the week! Sister Smoot and I went to contact a referral (we've received a lot of those lately. Blessings!) and they were not home. So, we started to talk to everyone we saw in the area! We were able to start talking with a lady named Rosie. We told her we share a 15 minute message with people about Christ, and she simply responded with, "Okay, let's hear it!" So, we started to teach the restoration! But, her kids were running around everywhere, and it was just scatterbrained. Before we got through it all, the conversation ended and they went inside. One of those things that happens as a missionary. 
Well, after that conversation, it came time for us to start heading home. As we were walking back to our car, we passed a door, and Sister Smoot got a funny look on her face- like she was deep in thought. For some reason (the spirit) she felt like we needed to go knock on number 3. We love following the promptings of the spirit, and so of course we went and knocked on the door! A YSA guy came to the door. We started to talk to him about what we do as missionaries, and about how we help people strengthen their faith. We then asked him questions about his faith. He started talking about prayer and how he has received some answers to prayer. Directed by the spirit, we then connected that thought of prayer to Joseph Smith and his experience. We shared the first vision story with him right there on his  door step, and the the Spirit was SO STRONG! The message we gave was simple and clear. The spirit testified boldly. It was so neat. :) It turns out he is originally from Cuba and speaks Spanish. So, the Spanish elders will be going back to teach him later this week. SO COOL! 

It's experiences like these that I LOVE. Being able to see how we can be led by God to those who are prepared. We don't know where or who they are. We don't know what to say or do. But, as we listen to the promptings of the Spirit, God tells us and helps us. He leads and guides us! I am so grateful!!!! :) 

I've been reading and studying my Patriarchal Blessing a lot this week. My oh my. I love it! So much comfort, direction, and peace come as I read those words. I am so sad that my time as a missionary will soon be over. But, at the same time, there is still so much work for me to do for God after. My service as a full time missionary might end, but my service as a disciple of Christ will never end! My purpose now will still be my purpose a month from now, a year from now, and in the far future. Helping other come unto Christ. That is what this life is ALL about. I am so grateful for that! :) 

I love you all! So terribly much! I hope you have a great week and enjoy every moment of it! :) 

Sister Robison 

PONDERIZE: your choice! (aka, I haven't found one yet... ;))

Sister Smoot and I trying to relax at night. :)

I GOT TO EAT PEACHES. SO GOOD!!!

It was really hot this week (113 F)

Sister Anthony and I! She's cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment