Thursday, July 14, 2016

Week 74 - This week was LOCA!

                                                                                                                                     July 4th, 2016  

Congrats Nate and Maddy! I am so excited for you! :) I loved the pictures I was sent! They are so great!! :) They made my day. :) 

Transfer news came! I will be staying in Mississauga and training a new Sister Training Leader! Sister Smoot! I have heard so many wonderful things about her and I am really excited! She's served with many of my previous companions, so it's gonna be a party!!! :) Sister Nabhan will be going to Orangeville in the Berry Zone. I love her so much. She is a really awesome person. She is going to do great things there with a great companion! 

This past week was, as almost always, crazy! Haha :) I spent the first 4 days out of the area on various exchanges! Lets see, with the YSA sisters, the Hermanas, and the Credit View sisters! They are just so great. All of them. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to go on so many exchanges- as tiring as they may be. I learn so much from each sister and exchange. Some times I feel like they help me more than they help them... :) 

HIGHLIGHTS! :) 

On exchanges in Churchville YSA, we had a lesson with a recent convert all centered on receiving revelation as we read the scriptures. We began the lesson by having each of us think of a question. Then, we kept that question in mind as we read the scriptures. The spirit was SO strong! Oh my. I didn't receive an answer to my question. But, I was lovingly reminded that this is something I can/need to do more often. God is so wonderful. He answers our questions as we ask and seek. 

Exchanges with the Hermanas reminded me of how absolutely scary and terrifying bus contacting can be, but also how wonderful and joyful the work can be as we forget about yourself and go to work! Talking to everyone on the buses was just SO much fun! Exhausting. But, so worth it. 

On exchanges with Credit View, I was basically sick the entire time.. God really helped and blessed me and I am so thankful. We spent the day going from appointment to appointment. And when we came to our dinner appointment with a member, I was so exhausted and sick to my stomach that I couldn't even sit at the table. So, I slept on the couch while they all ate dinner, and then had some cinnamon sugar toast before we left. Haha, it is a meal appointment I will remember for the rest of my life. :) But, after resting, I felt MUCH better! And we made it out just in time to go to RAMAN AND MARIYAM's HOUSE! My recent converts from Etobicoke! Mariyam, like Kara, is super pregnant! We were able to go over and be there as the bishop gave her a priesthood blessing. So blessed. I am just so grateful! Raman and her are doing so well! They still have crazy work lives that often keep them from church. But, Mariyam is excited to be on Mat leave so she can attend! Raman holds the Melchizedek Priesthood and is going to strive to prepare to bless their baby girl after she arrives! :) Happy day. Happy day! :) 

After those exchanges, both Sister Nabhan and  I were basically dead... haha! Still feeling sick, we visitied with the mission nurse. I am pretty sure I was just super dehydrated. But, when I tried to drink water, it just made me feel more sick. That is when I learned that our bodies also need sodium! So, the mission nurse prescribed me some Potato Chips and Powerade! Just to be sure, I also received a priesthood blessing. Some really neat things were said that I wanted to share. I was promised that I would be able to finish the mission with power. I was told I would be a light to others and would be able to help many people as they work towards their next saving ordinance. The feelings that I had came from working so hard. I was blessed with more energy from the spirit and more energy and power as I talk to everyone I see. It was neat. I was really grateful for it. The priesthood is a powerful thing! :) 

Okay, one last story. It's a good one, I promise! So, Friday evening, we had some extra time and we decided to go home and do some weekly planning. Sometimes, well, actually all the time, finishing weekly planning is a struggle. We just get busy with so many other things... Anywho! We had pullled in for the night until the Spanish Elders called and asked us to open the church for the Chinese Badminton activity. Before we left the house, Sister Nabhan prayed and asked to be sensitive to finding situations. I thought to myself, "Interesting!" So, we went there, unlocked the doors, drove home to grab some extra rackets, then drove back, delivered the rackets, and then started the drive home. Each time we had gone to and from the church, we passed a man just standing outside on the side of the street. Finally, as we passed him the final time, I couldn't help but think that we needed to talk to him. Knowing if I didn't I would regret it for the rest of my life, I flipped a U, and we drove back to him, rolled down the window of our Car and started chatting it up! His name is Lez and he loves Christ! By the end of the visit, he became a new investigator! We will be going back to teach him later this week. :) I feel like I've been able to reconnect with the spirit. I feel like I went for a time where I know that He was there, and I could recognize Him and the promptings He gave me, but it wasn't as strong or as present. I feel like it's back now. I am so grateful. :) 

We got to meet the new mission President, President Sheilds, at MCC's this Sunday morning! He is awesome! I am excited to be so close and to continue to work with him and brake him in! :P He is a man called of God to be here and it is going to be awesome! 

I am looking forward to this week and this transfer. Time is precious, and so are souls! So, the plan is to get out there and get it done! Leave nothing left. Most importantly, remember the Savior- who He is, and who I represent. It will be one for the books! Well... Journal. :) 

Have a great week! Love you all! :) 
Sister Robison 

PONDERIZE: Doctrine and Covenants 84:45




No comments:

Post a Comment