Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week 78 - Roses are Red and Violet is Baptized!

                                                                                                                                       August 8, 2016
Well, hello again! 

This week has been so long and so short all in one. It has been crazy! We've been inside a lot which has made it a little hard.. Feels like we had more meetings than we did lessons.

Things are just going, and time is just going, and I don't quite know what to do with myself other than just keep missionarying. ... I know that's not a real word, but that's all that I can think of at this point in time. :) 

Violet was baptized this Saturday, and I wanted to take some time to write about her! She is just wonderful. Potentially one of the funniest people I have ever met.. hahaha, she just makes me grin from ear to ear! :) 

Violet has been meeting with missionaries since before Christmas. At first, at least to my knowledge, it was more of a social thing. She liked having them over and she enjoyed how she felt. Shortly before I got to Mississauga, Violet turned herself over to the Lord and took a break from the missionaries. Then, right before I came in, she took back what she did. She noticed that something was missing. Since that time, she has been sincerely learning. She has learned and grown so much! We started over with the lessons and did our best to help her develop friendships and find friends and feel the love our Savior has for her! 4 months and many miracles, tears, and cigaretts later, here we are! :D Violet was able to overcome her addiction to smoke. Since after about the first week, we really haven't heard any thing else about her desires to smoke! God has really taken a more active role in her life. She is a changed person. She has so much more hope and purpose in her life. She is feeling better and looking better! She is just so awesome! I know as she continues to learn and grow, the gospel is going to continue to change her life and to help her! 

The baptism went really well! The spirit was SO strong. One of the highlights of the service was the special musical number! Elder Flint and Sister Smoot and I sang "Lord I Would Follow Thee." Violet started to cry. It was hard to refrain from crying myself! AHhhh!!! I just love it! I love her and I am so happy for her!! Something else that was neat was that in her confirmation blessing, she was blessed to be able to follow the spirit to find someone to marry in the temple. ETERNAL FAMILIES! 

So wonderful. THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE! This also makes me grin from ear to ear. The Lord is so wonderful. This work is so wonderful. I am thankful for this time that I have to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength! :) 

We have a good week lined up ahead of us with 2 more exchanges, many lessons, my final district meeting, and lots of time to see lots of miracles! It will be good. I am excited. :) 

Next week I will be sending President Shields an email all about what the mission has meant to me. I imagine I will just be forwarding it on. So, look forward to that! It should be a good one! :) 

God loves you and so do I! Have a blessed and safe week! 
Love you! 

Sister Robison
-GRACE! I finally got that package! THANK YOU! I LOVE IT! 

-VIOLET! :) 

Hurrah!!!
Saturday morning training! Don't mind the double chin... :[] haha... 
The Church is true, the Book is Blue! Sister Smoot and I with our Zone Leaders! After our Zone Council we put on. Funny people. Please also take special note of Elder Monson in the back. :P 

-The young women made us dinner, so we heart attacked their 
chalk board before their class! :)  They're the Best!!

1 comment:

  1. Katie Robison!!! You are one awesome sister missionary! I am so proud to call you my friend (basically sister?)! I think it will be bitter sweet to be home, but it will also be a joyous reunion for everyone that's missed you and followed along with your inspiring missionary adventure. Enjoy your last week! We all look forward to seeing you soon:)

    ReplyDelete