Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 79 - The last and final email. How strange eh? :)

                                                                                        August 15, 2016

A year and a half has flown by! I can't believe it has been that long and I also feel like it has been so much longer! 

Well, this week has possibly been the longest week of my life! hahaha! It has been good. :) It is so sad to think about leaving Ontario. I have grown to love the people here so much. 

It was a busy busy week! We had exchanges Monday night to Tuesday night with the Hermanas! That means BUS AREA! I enjoyed being on the buses one last time! People on there can be crazy.. and awesome! Hermana Mosquera is SO full of energy and kept me on my toes and going! By the time we got to our last lesson on the exchange- which was all in spanish- I had to work HARD to not fall asleep because of the heat and just tiredness from working hard! It was hilarious! :) I didn't understand most of the lessons and the contacts, but it was a good fun day in the Spanish area! :) 

Wednesday morning, I had my final distrcit meeting! We talked a lot about prayer. It was powerful! A good one to end on! We ended it all by taking some funny pictures. I'll attach them so you can laugh with me. :) 

Thursday afternoon I got to go to the temple with the other departing missionaries! Normally we would go the Tuesday right before we leave, but it will be closed for cleaning. I love the temple. :) Throughout the session, it was hard to gather my thoughts. I just felt very everywhere. I was able to talk to another sister-Sister Penrod- after, and she felt the same. I AM NORMAL! It was really a huge relief. hahaha :) One of the best parts was being able to talk to her about everything we were both feeling. She will be going to BYU as well. It will be good to be there with her and relate to her! 

After the session, we took pictures. And guess what! Elder Robison was there! Then something really awkward happened... we got permission to hug... SO FUNNY and SO STRANGE! I don't know how I am going to survive at BYU... What made it even better was President Shields came up and kinda awkwardly joined in... hahaha. I was dying. And everyone else was just sitting there watching it all happen. So funny. :) 

Thursday evening we exchanged with our Hamilton STL's. This means I got to go to Hamilton with SISTER BELL for my final exchange! :) I JUST LOVE HER! I am so thankful for her. I can't even tell you how much! It was a really good day. It was probably the hottest it has been yet this summer and we went out and we just worked and worked and worked and found lots of prepared people! :) It was great. We really had fun. :) I am going to miss her! 

The rest of the week pretty much carried out as normal! We did good normal missionary things. It rained a ton on Saturday and the pouring rain led us to find a really sweet potential for the YSA sisters. This girl is totally going to get baptized!!
 We also had an appointment set up with a part member family. We didn't have their apartment number though, and they never answered their phone... so, we showed up at their apartment anyways! We, by the grace of God, got in. Then, one of the elevators randomly opened. Scary, but sweet! (Side note funny story. The Elevator began to close when Sister Smoot hopped in and it didn't stop closing! So, it closed. There we were. Her on the inside and me on the outside. Neither of us being able to see each other! No bueno! But then I pressed the button and it opened again.. :) Fun times!) We both thought about floor 4. So, to floor four we went! No, we didn't find the family. But, the first door we knocked on was a guy that used to go to the church in Brussels! What the! What are the chances of that ever happening? He was not interested at this point in time, but we were able to give him a card with our number and the church address. One day, he will come back! God is real my friends. 

Sunday, I just wanted to cry at church. That is all. haha! The Spanish Elders had a baptism after church and I conducted the spanish musica! Ole! :P Haha! Then, we met with the Bishop and his wife to go over the ward list for Sister Smoot. Bishop made us Apple Pie Milkshakes. They were delicious. You have to try it. :) 

I had my departing interview last night. It was not at all what I thought it would be like... But, none the less, it was good! :) 

Am I ready to come home? No.. But I don't think I really will ever be. I don't think it has hit me yet! haha! Ah! So scary. But, I am excited to see all of your faces and hug you all! :) I know that there is still work for me to do in the kingdom of God. For that reason I am excited to carry on and find new and creative ways to serve Him! The  mission is over, but true discipleship never ends! 

I am truly grateful for this time that I have had. I know that God loves us. I know that He sent His Son for us. I know that Jesus Christ has made salvation and even exaltation possible. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is really and truly the Lord's kingdom once again upon the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and reading it daily will change our lives. I know these things because I have prayed. I have asked God. and I have tested it all out. Nothing can shake my foundation of these things. My foundation is in Christ. He is my rock and I will not step off. The Gospel is true. I know it. 

In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen. 

See you soon! Much love! 
Sister Katie Robison :) 

-SHWARMA

-Hermana Mosquera! From Columbia! She is wonderful!

-My "Funeral"... I pretty good at faking dead eh? :)

The "Dying" Sisters

-hahahahaha that one time I hugged my cousin and President Shields joined in....

We had to get a normal one as well. :) 

More dying missionaries. ahhh

The companion that proposed to me, aka Sister Bell. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment