Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 47 - Dear Family, I just adore you!

                                                                                                                           December 29, 2015

I do! :) You are all lovely. I am so grateful for the time that we had to talk this Christmas! It was nice to hear the updates on your lives and to see you and how much you have each changed! 

Nate and Maddie! Congrats! :) I can't wait to get the wedding invite! :) My only request is this: A life-size cardboard cut out of me! So I can still be in all the pictures! :D That is all. 

Kara and Justin! That storm that went through Texas has hit Canada! Wahoo! It is no longer green up here! And this time, it looks like all the snow is here to stay. Here comes winter! 

It looks like the cabin was a blast! And I am glad! Please tell Trace that he did an awesome job with that snowman on the river! Looks like it was a lot of fun to build! :) I'm going to try to convince Sister Meleisea to build a snowman with me one of these days! She isn't too excited about the snow... or the cold.. haha! 

Christmas day was a whirlwind. We helped out at a local grocery store that put on a "Don't be alone" Christmas dinner for others in the community. We helped to set things up, help various people get their food, and then take things down. It was a great time to work along side many members of the community! We had a lot of positive exchanges and were also able to talk and help and serve others. Give back a little. It was a nice treat for us on Christmas day! After we finished things up there, we were able to go and spend some time with some Less Actives in the ward! They were so nice. We played the dice game with them, and there were lots of laughs! :) So, thank you for sending that Mom! After singing to them and wishing them well, we headed off to the MacNaughten's for dinner and for skyping/facetiming home! A great way to end the evening! 

We were stuffed by the end of it all. We ate at the grocery store, the LA's house, and the MacNaugthen's. Woah. So full. So goes the life of a missionary eh? haha  
Well, we saw some miracles this week! We decided to try and contact a LA member off of a list from the RS president. She wasn't home. So, we decided to knock on the doors in the area! After a few doors, we knocked into Tom! He is a father and a husband, and loves Jesus Christ! After explaining some of our basic beliefs to him, he agreed to have us come back and share more! We set up a time to come back and visit when his whole family was going to be home in the new year! We are excited to teach him and his family about our loving Heavenly Father and His plan for each of us!
Then, this morning, we got a call from a gentleman we met at the Christmas dinner we helped out at. I love being able to see how God places us in the paths of His children that need help. This man has been going through a rough time. He is in between places, things with family members aren't going well health wise, he is just down on hope, and was seeking some spiritual up-liftment. We could feel the spirit as we were talking to him on the phone. We will be seeing him tomorrow, and will hopefully be able to help! Sometimes, God has to humble us so he can make us better, make us stronger. 

I am so grateful for my Savior. I am so grateful for this Christmas Season. I have learned a lot about Christ through the scriptures, the spirit, and even some videos. Christ did come. He performed the atonement! He made the Plan of Salvation Possible. And, the greatest thing is that He will come again! A movie that stuck with me this Holiday season was the Testaments. Not necessarily a Christmas Show, but great for the season none the less. I would invite you to watch it! Christ knows us personally, and He can and will help us through anything. I have learned this for myself this past year. It has been so growing and stretching, but easily the best year of my life. I am grateful to see what this next year brings! 

Well, I want to end with offering and asking you one question? What are you doing to do this year to become better, and do better? What is a gift you could offer our Savior and Our Heavenly Father? I want to invite you to think and pray about a Christ-Like attribute on which you could improve. Through the guidance of the spirit, I know one will be brought to your mind. Once it has, I want to invite you to strive to work on it. Give that gift to your Savior this Holiday Season and New Year. Great things are yet to come as we continue to always draw closer to Christ and be perfected in Him. 

Have a great and warm week! Eat lots of yummy left overs, and cuddle up to the fire with your scriptures! :) You won't regret it! ;) 
Love you! 

Sister Robison 

No comments:

Post a Comment