Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 48 - Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow and a Happy New Year!

                                                                                                                                      January 4, 2016
Family! Friends! Everyone else! 

I am so happy! This week was such a great week. I really feel that the work is picking up in our area! It is a great feeling. 

Sister Meleisea and I have really been working hard! We have been striving to do all the things that our Mission President has asked of the missionaries. Lots of little things that add up! Similar to how reading the scriptures every day adds up. :) But, we have seen so many miracles and blessings come from it! We are teaching more and more each week, and are finding more and more people to teach each week! It's good! It's just all gooooood! 

Happy New year by the way! We had to be in our apartment by 7 at the latest on New Years Eve to do some good old Weekly Planning! Then, we were in bed and fast asleep by 10:30 pm! When we woke up at 6:30  the next morning, we were happy to know we had entered a new year! Wahoo! Our New Years Day was pretty normal, filled with all the things we normally do as missionaries. Nothing to right home about. :) 

I personally am very excited about this new year. Prior to, at the beginning of the week, I studied a lot from Preach My Gospel chapter 8! It talks all about using our time wisely, and setting goals. I was pondering pretty seriously on some great goals I could set that would carry me through the rest of the mission, and even into life at home. While pondering and thinking, my thought turned toward the mission vision our mission president has been emphasizing lately. Something that we all fasted for, and are constantly praying about. The main goal is achieving 1,000 baptisms in the Canada Toronto Mission this year. An intermediate goal to help us get there is to have at least one baptism in each area this transfer. As I was thinking about this, the spirit confirmed to me that this needs to be my personal goal. At least one baptism in each of my areas each transfer. I know that the mission vision is real. And, I know that my thoughts were directed by the Spirit. So, I know that I can do this! It is going to take a lot of hard work, dedication, faith, and prayer, but I am excited. Excited for the challenge, and excited to achieve this goal that I have set for myself. It is a goal that is going to stretch me and continue to motivate me for the rest of the time that I have to serve, which is exactly what goals should do. Stretch and motivate! :) 

On that note, I am so greatly looking forward to this year! I know it is going to be a great one! The snow has come, and the cold, and it's good! We are lucky. It seems like it is going to be a pretty mild winter. Today is 18 below. But tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, and then it is supposed to hover around 1 below for the rest of the week. That is wonderful news! Very nice and warm for us :) The members all get a good kick of us trying to tell them how cold we are when it is only 9 below. We just like to laugh right a long with them! 

Funny story of the week: (I am definitely still getting used to driving in the snow!) Yesterday I drove our car into a ditch filled with snow... turns out Canadian roads don't have shoulders! Just ditches filled with snow. It's all good though because I drove into the ditch slowly- thinking I was going to park on the non-existent shoulder to make a few calls- and then found we were stuck... But, the Lord loves us! Moments later men from the fire department drove by and pulled us out with some chains! The found it understandable when I told them I was from Las Vegas. :) The only damage that was done was to my personal pride... hahaha After the fact Sister Meleisea and I both wish we would have had them take a picture. Funny day. 

Anyways! I love you all! Thanks for your emails, love, and support! I hope you have a great week and stay very warm! 

Alofa Tele,
(Much Love)

Sister Robison 

PONDERIZE: Alma 26:35

No comments:

Post a Comment