Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 71 - Woooooh! What a Week!

                                                                                                                           June 13, 2016

You know those weeks where you sit back and say to yourself, "I am glad it is the weekend!" That is how I feel today- only replace the weekend with preparation day. :) haha! This week was more stressful than usual. But, that's okay. It is a new week! 

All in all, we had 3 exchanges (one after the other after the other) and a baptism! All good things! Just stressful and draining. :) 

The sisters this week were all great! It was fun! I got to spend Tuesday in Churchville YSA with an amazing sister there! Sister Paulsen! I love her to pieces! She is just the best. Then, I got to spend half of Wednesday and half of Thursday with Hermana Bahadur in Mississauga! She is great too! This is her 3rd transfer, but 1st transfer speaking spanish. INTENSE! Language missionaries are so COOL! There is a reason I was called to English work! Then, I got to spend Thursday evening and almost all day Friday with sister Kehrer in Etobicoke! I love Etobicoke. :) mmmm. Warms my heart! It's fun to be back in the same old apartment and see some of the members! Their area is on fire and it is awesome! :) 

Well, this all brings us to Saturday! Shaun was baptized for the remission of her sins!!!! Yay!!!! :) She is just so awesome. When we asked her who she wanted to baptize and confirm her, these were the words that came out of her mouth:

 "I don't care, as long as it's done by the proper authority." 

Yes. I did strategically space that on purpose. It is just so great! Look at it! She is the best. She is preparing to go to the temple in July to do baptisms for her ancestors that have passed on! She sent a media referral to Jamaica so missionaries can contact her father there. She introduced her mom to the missionaries in her area at her baptism on Saturday. She is excited for the gospel to link her and her family together forever! 

One of the other great things (besides her sharing the gospel with her family) was that in her confirmation blessing on Sunday, she was blessed the she would be able to find and marry a man in the temple and be sealed together for all eternity. SO HAPPY! To think about how this is just the beginning for her is SO COOL! AHHH! :) I love it! I love the gospel! It is so true! It is all about family. So cool. :) 

So, stressful. But, wonderful. It was a great week. I learned so much from the exchanges I went on. I learned so much from the meetings we had. I learned so much from my awesome and patient and loving companion! I learned so much in my personal conversations with God while on my knees. Just learning, and living, and loving it. 

I want to invite you to take a moment and talk with God today. He loves you. We wants to bless you. Ask for his help. 'Pray like it all depends on God, and work like it all depends on you!' 

Another great week to come! I love you! Enjoy having my cardboard cut out at home! I am looking forward to the family pictures and everything else! ;) 

Loves! 
xoxo Sister Robison 

Ponderize: 
D&C 1:20
Shaun was baptized for the remission of her sins!!!! Yay!!!! :)
Selfie with Shaun!

Ruen and Sister Kehrer! Ruen went LA after elders left etobicoke- when Sister Gillins and I whitewashed the north part. Turns out he went LA because he didn't really understand his baptismal covenant or much about the gospel for that matter. But, Sister Kehrer's companion is Jamaican and can speak their broken english language to him and now he understands and he just went to the temple for the first time in a long time! Yay! :) It was a happy moment to see him again and to see his smile light up! He remembered me! teehee!


Reminiscing.....Picture of Sister Maas and I from when I originally served in Etobicoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment