Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 73 - We Can See Miracles If We Believe!

                                                                                                                                            June 27, 2016
  -The view out of the Etobicoke Apartment! 

This week was a blast. Many things happened. For one, my companion woke up one day hung over on her new drugs. For two, I got the package and I LOVE IT! For three, we went on many more exchanges! And, the list goes on! :)

Here comes the beginning of week 6 of transfer 12. Crazy! Things in Mississauga are going really well! We have seen so many miracles and tender mercies this week! It has been a pretty stressful one for some weird reason... Just some adjusting with various things going on. But, through all of it, God has definitely shown us His hand! 

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling somewhat stressed and overwhelmed. With the way our Standards of Excellence work, much of it comes down to getting investigators, new converts, and returning members to church. Stressful! People and their agency play a large part into it all! This previous week, Sister Nabhan and I were working as hard as we possibly could to get others to church. We are just tired of not having any one there! So, we switched our methods. We got members out to as many lessons as possible, and made sure that, come the end of the lesson, the member bore their testimony on the princpile taught, and then invited the person to church. We have been promised success by a Member of the 70 (Our Mission President), when we do this! So, going into Sunday, we though for sure we were going to have many people at  church, or at least enough to hit our goals. 
Come the start of Sacrament meeting, our New Converts were both there- Deneil and Shaun! (They're awesome. They are both preparing to go to the temple in the next 2 months!:)) We also had a few returning members there which is always great to see! But, we lacked investigators. We knew of at least one on her way, so that was good. But, as for all the others, it didn't look like any others would be joining us. I have to admit, throughout part of the meeting I felt defeated. A little discouraged, and a little frustrated. We were working so hard! I started praying to God. Just praying for a solid investigator, solid people that would come to church and progress in the Gospel so that we could help them come unto Christ! And little did I know, my companion was individually praying for the same things! Then, right before the sacrament started being passed, a young mother and her son slipped in. My companion and I and the Bishop spent the rest of the meeting eyeballing her and trying to figure out if she was a member or not! At the end of the meeting, we practically jumped out of our seats and to her side to talk to her more. She was not a member!! She came out to church because one of her friends in Brampton had been encouraging her to come and so, she thought she would finally take up the offer. We were able to briefly talk with her, and set up a time to see her next week to give her a tour of the church building. It was such an answer to our prayers! God is so good. SO good. 
I learned a valuable lesson. As we do all that we can, God will not let us fail. It is against His nature. The closer I get to the end, the more real 1 Nephi 3:7 becomes. We all have access to so much power as we partner with God to do His work. He is wonderful. We are just grateful. :) 

God is moving His work forward and I am so grateful to see all the little miracles and all the little ways these people are progressing! 

Another tender mercy was exchanges in Etobicoke. I was able to see many people that my companions and I had started working with towards the end of my time there. It was wonderful! They have all progressed so much! It's true that as missionaries we never quite know the impact we will have on the people in the areas where we serve. Being able to be around Etobicoke has taught me this. Our influence is far greater than we think or even know. :) 

Something else of note! I almost forgot! Which, I don't know how since I will remember this for the rest of my life! Sister Nabhan and I teach Daily Dose/ESL each week, twice a week. This particular time, we had very few numbers, so, we combined our classes. At the end, we split off for questions. Sister Nabhan worked with a few of the advanced students while I worked with on of our not so advanced students. Her name is Min. She if from China. Out of A, B, and C, her English is a B. She is just wonderful! We were going through the pronunciation on some of the words when she stopped to talk to me. For the next 15 minutes, she relayed, in her broken English, how she would like to join the church. She is not religious at all, but everytime she comes to the church, she just feels different. The words she used were hyper and happy. She expressed gratitude for always feeling of our love. She said that when she is here, she feels our love a lot. She feels like the pain is gone. She feels like we are all happy. It makes her feel hyper and just good. I wanted to cry. I was so happy. So so grateful I could be there for this special moment. Like I said, it is one I will remember for ever. After she left, we quickly called the Chinese Elders, and they were able to start teaching her after our Saturday class. :) 

Helping others come unto Christ is just the best. Sorry this was so  long and scatterbrained. It was just a wonderful week with so many wonderful things. I am so thankful. The Lord is really blessing us as we are doing all that we can in His work! :) 

I love you! Have a great week! Have fun at the Wedding! No cold feet Nate! Kara, don't pop! ;) Kelly and Karly, take selfies with my card board cut out and send them to me! :P Mom and Dad, enjoy it! Justin, take lots of luck man! :) Love you all more than you know! 

Loves! 
Sister Robsion

PONDERIZE: 3 Nephi 27:29

-Sister Smith! She is so so wonderful. I don't know if you remember an email probably about a year ago about a women with one leg who hadn't been able to attend church for the sake of her marriage? Well, this is her. I was able to visit with her twice before getting transfered out. She has also now been to the temple for baptisms and is working towards endowments in September with her brother and his wife whom she had invited back to church once she returned herself. Our influence spreads farther than we all know. :) I LOVE IT! 
-Min and I! And, a daily dose picture! She is so cute! :)
-Marianna Remi and I! She is from Finland. Lives in the Etobicoke ward. We had just starting working with her when I left. Now, she's been to the temple for baptisms and will soon be getting her patriarchal blessing!!
-Sister Smith! She is so so wonderful. I don't know if you remember an email probably about a year ago about a women with one leg who hadn't been able to attend church for the sake of her marriage? Well, this is her. I was able to visit with her twice before getting transfered out. She has also now been to the temple for baptisms and is working towards endowments in September with her brother and his wife whom she had invited back to church once she returned herself. Our influence spreads farther than we all know. :) I LOVE IT!
photo from MLC! We love you!

My brother Nate gets married this coming Saturday.  This will be very hard for me to miss.  At least I know that my image will be there.  I will be thinking a lotabout him and will keep he and Maddie in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment