Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 55 - Give Him Your All

                                                                                                                                     Feb 22, 2016

Well, transfer night is always so suspenseful. We basically sat around by the phone from 9 pm-10:30 pm. And guess what! No call came! We were so happy! :) And then we got up in the morning and our dear District Leader suggested we call the Zone Leaders. The Zone Leaders in turn suggested we hang tight and maybe wait for a call from the Assistants. And, then, the news came. Sister Meleisea and Cliften will be staying in Bracebridge! I, on the other hand, will be going to Napanee! In the Kingston Zone. It's the far East Zone. I've never been out that way, so I'm not quite sure what to expect... So, we shall see! :) 

Sister Meleisea has been doing okay. The medicine that we got from the Doc in the box helps. It is very useful! She takes it at the on-set of the migraine. We got only enough for 4 migraines last Tuesday, and she's already used it all. So, we are going back today to get the rest. (We might have to put it on my credit card and have the mission pay me back... So, if you see any charges, that would be why!) MIRACLE for the week! The Doc in the Box said she would try referring Sister Meleisea to a few Neurologist, but usually they have a waiting period of at least 6 months... Well,  a few days later we got a call from the walk-in-clinic saying that Sister Meleisea has an appointment to see one on March 24th! We are so grateful! 

Leading up to transfers we were all so nervous. No matter what happened, we were just praying that Sister Meleisea would stay with one of us. Things would just be better and easier that way. Having someone who knows exactly what she is going through and what has happened and so forth. Growing up in Samoa, she isn't used to medication. Sometimes it is still a little hard to communicate what she is feeling with the language differences. Long story short, it is just so good that they are staying together. I am so so grateful! 

This week was more of taking it a little easier. Yesterday, besides church, we spent the entire day inside making up studies and letting Sister Meleisea sleep since she got another migraine. Our two appointments ended up canceling for various reasons, but it was probably for the better. We were able to take it easy,  and Sister Meleisea didn't have to push through anything. 

God knows us so well. I have had too many experiences to deny Him and His son. I am so so grateful to know them in my life. I don't want to even think about life without the gospel! 

Well, it is official. I am in the last 4 transfers of the mission. Time is going so fast. So so so fast. It makes me so sad. But, on the flip side, it is empowering. I have 6 more months to devote all I can to serving God. Throughout this past week, especially going to the 6 week follow up meeting, and being in the Temple for a session, I have been thinking, pondering, and praying about what I can do to dedicate myself to the work, and other goals I need to set. It has been good. The 6 week follow up meeting was one of the best things. We talked about consecration, what it entails, what it means, and the blessings that come. It was an answer to prayers! Ultimately though, I just want to do more. Work harder. Focus more attention on those that we are serving. I am grateful to be going to a new area. It will be helpful! I can just throw myself into everything and learn as quickly as possible. I am going to miss Bracebridge so much! But, I know that Napanee is where I need to be. Bracebridge is in such good hands and I know that the area is going to continue to build and blossom. 

Well my friends, God Speed! Have a good week, go to church, read your scriptures, and pray. I can promise you blessings! 

Give Him your all. 
Sister Robison 

No comments:

Post a Comment