Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 12 - Costco is amazing, and so is talking to everyone all the time!


                                                                                                                        April 20, 2015                                                                                          

Hey Family!

Woah this week has been crazy! First off, thank you so much for the wonderful and delicious package! Sister Maas and I have been greatly enjoying the goodies inside, as well as the wonderful See's candy hand delivered by Sister McFadgen! I am so gald mom and her got to sit down and talk more! They are an awesome family, and we love them so much! She is basically the sweetest person I have ever met, and I adore her! We are also adoring the American Chocolate from a See's candy shop in Las Vegas! Thank you bunches, I love you :)

Silly things that happened this week, I went to Costco today for the first time since I have been in Canada. It felt like coming home :) haha it was great! I also ate a curry with my hands for the first time ever. It was quite a fun experience! Sister Maas and I finally found tortilla shells. Mexican food is basically non-existent here in Canada. It is SO sad. But, that is okay. We make guacamole all the time!

This week, we had exchanges, and I LOVE exchanges! One of our Sister Training Leaders, Sister Leung, came and spent the day with me in Etobicoke! I finally feel like I am understanding the busses, subways, and street cars. It's a pretty exciting feeling- especially because before coming out here to Canada, I was so sure that I was going to have a car my entire mission. HA! But I love the busses, and I am grateful for them! But man, I don't think I had ever worked so hard in my life during that day with Sister Leung! She is an Ah-Mazing missionary. She really taught me what it means to talk to EVERYONE, as well as how to work a bus, and how to basically be a truly consecrated missionary. It was an exhausting, but awesome day! Sister Maas and I have both been using what we learned during exchanges to improve the progress here in Etobicoke!

Side note, we found this sweet Potential Investigator whilst on exchanges. Basically, Sister Maas and I are preparing to teach an awesome man named Joseph Smith later this week. :) He even pulled out his ID to prove it.

Something that I have grown to love this past week is truly my purpose as a missionary. It is to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end!"

As I strive to more fully fulfill my purpose, I am HAPPIER in the work. I am more EXCITED about doing the work, and I truly feel that the Lord is satisfied with my efforts. After all, this is His work and not ours. As I have been really talking to everyone, I actually FEEL like a missionary, and let me just tell you, it is the BEST feeling in the world! I love being able to tell people that I am a missionary, and that I teach people about Jesus Christ, as well as a special and wonderful book called the Book of Mormon. It is the greatest thing I have EVER done. (Please enjoy the emphasized words :))

Anywho, this week was really good. I am excited to be a missionary for the next almost 15 months. Time is just flying. It is so crazy! Well, I hope you all have a great week! For my college friends, good luck with finals! For my family, I love you! and for anyone else, hope you have a good one!

Lots of love,                                                                         Sister Katie Robison
  I really loved my package!!
                 

                      


No comments:

Post a Comment