Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 38 - Things are on their way up!

                                                                                                                       October 19, 2015
Hello everyone! 

It seems that the farther I get into the mission, the quicker time goes! Days and weeks are just flying by! Ahh! But, that is okay. The work is certainly going, and generally in the right direction! So, that is always a good thing. :) 

This week was a little bit of a challenge for us for various reasons. Sister Edwards has been struggling a little the past few weeks, but especially this week. Adjusting to missionary life is hard and can take a toll on you. I would love it if you could keep her in your prayers this week! She truly is a wonderful missionary. She is full of the spirit- even though she doesn't always recognize it. She is an amazing teacher. She knows how to be herself. These are just a few of her wonderful qualities. I just wish she could see this all in herself! 

Transfer calls came last night! Or I guess I should say they did not come last night. We are both staying in Welland for another transfer! I am grateful! I love this area, and I love my companion! The work in Welland is slow. But, we are confident that things will be taking off soon. We have begun to work with more and more returning members (less actives that have expressed some interest in coming back). This is cool! Before a ward can receive new members, it needs to take care of the members they already have. It is all part of the cycle. And, as these returning members return, often times they bring their non members friends along with them! And honestly, the effects continue on, and the Lord's work builds! But, you have to start somewhere- so, that is where we are! The beginning. 

We are working with this really neat returning member her in Welland. She recently moved from a city up north where she was not active. She joined the church a little over a year ago and didn't feel much love or support from that ward so she stopped going. She strayed from the path and made some mistakes. But, she moved here for a new beginning. She immediately  contacted the missionaries for help with unloading things, and we haven't left her alone since! ;) But, she comes to church every single week. She is reading her scriptures. She is studying the lessons for Sunday school and Relief Society. She comes to all the church events. She is repenting, changing, and setting a wonderful example for all of those around her. She is so cool! I also found out this last week that she is Kara's age. When I learned that, it made it even a little more special for me to be working with her. She is a single mom with 4 adorable kids who are learning to love Jesus. I know she is one of the reasons why I need to be here in Welland! It's so neat to be able to help people come unto Christ. :)  

Sister Edwards and I did have the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple this week with all of the other missionaries she came out with and their trainers. I love the peace that lies there in. Mom and Dad, I would acutally love it if you could maybe send me two or three family names so that I could take them if I have the chance to go again! There is a wonderful spirit that comes in family history! :) 

Well, I love you all! I think you are grand. Don't worry about me. I'm no longer sick. We are working hard! Praying no more snow will fall for a while (as we did get some Saturday evening... but don't worry it all melted!). and striving to do the Lord's work! 

Have a great and warm week! 

Much love, Sister Robison 

Ponderize: Mosiah 2:41




No comments:

Post a Comment