Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 23 - Hey Hey Hey!

                                                                                                                               July 6, 2015

So, I am now in Welland! It is a small town that is 20 min away from Niagara Falls, and 30 K's from Buffalo New York! (So, all those CHT kids are like a 15 min drive from me when they stay the night in Canada... Weird!) Adjusting to the small town life has been interesting! Being in a car is fun! I have missed driving! I have to admit, I miss all the ethnicity that you get in Toronto! But, as far as missionary goes, it is sweet to be in a small town with small town schedules! The members here are awesome! They have been quick to help, and love to go teaching with us! They really care about our investigators, and helping them come unto Christ which has been a huge blessing! We often turn to them to know what is going on with our investigators, and what their needs and concerns are! 

It has been neat to see how this whole unexpected transfer has played out. It has helped to build my testimony and faith in the Lord. One of these reasons is because my companion, Sister Lundin, got in a car accident a week ago. Another car's brakes gave out, and smashed into their car. With this, Sister Lundin got a concussion. Because of Kelly's concussion, I have been able to use my small knowledge to help her out! It has been a blessing for both of us. It has been neat to see how the Lord has used me to help others. (Thank you Kelly! I love you girl!)

Because of her concussion, we have been a little limited in the work that we are able to go and do. We have had to spend a lot of time inside our apartment, letting her rest in between a few appointments. Often times, I am the one making sure she is taking it easy! Sister Lundin is a power house missionary! She is so great, and I am so excited to keep learning from her! She is close to hitting her year mark, and so we are trying to think of something super great to do for that. Let me know if you have any ideas! 

This past week has truly been an adventure! There is an ant problem in our apartment... and apparently all over Welland! Ew! But they are super small.. haha! I had to buy a GPS so we wouldn't keep getting lost... that has happened a few times now even with the GPS! hehe! We had a Zone Council on Friday, and ended up spending most of it in the hall due to the concussion! and, later that day, because our phone screen died, we had to drive to Brampton to get a new phone! Lots of adventures, lots of firsts, lots of fun, and lots of laughs! But, all in all, a great week, and we are excited to keep going! 

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! I will talk to you soon!

Much Love!  Sister Robison

New Address 
59 River Rd #23 
Welland, ON L3B 2R7






No comments:

Post a Comment