Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 15 - I Love White-washing!!

                                                                                                                             May 11, 2015
Surprise, I am on early this week! Sorry for throwing you all off! New companion, new area, and new schedules! :) But man, I loved seeing all of you yesterday! :) I just want to take a moment to thank all the mother's in my life! I know that I would not be where I am today, or who I am today if it weren't for you mothers! I have had so many wonderful examples in my life! I grew up in a wonderful ward and stake where there were so many Sisters to look up to and I thank you all for your lights! I just want to especially thank my sweet mother :) I love you soo much! and I am eternally grateful for all you have done to help me get here today! I love you bunches Mum! :) 

This week has been very different! I love white-washing! It is such an adventure! Since we arrived on Tuesday, things have been going well. It is helpful that I know the ward and the area, and that Sister Gillins is also somewhat familiar with the area. That has helped us to get around and to start working and finding! It took us a while to get the clear to purchase bus passes, so we spent the first 24 hours walking around our area and trying to OYM. Then, once we finally got the clear, we had to try and find the change to buy bus fare to get us down to a subway station so we could actually make the purchase! We also finally got a map of the area two days ago so we can finally find our way to specific addresses and locations which is going to be super helpful! Like I said, adventure! Adding to the fun is our apartment... We love our apartment! It is known throughout the mission as "The Rabbit Hole" and let's just say, that is a pretty appropriate name! We have spent most of our lunch and dinner hours this past week cleaning things out, and then giving up and going out to get something to eat.  Our apartment is becoming more clean each and every day, allowing the spirit to dwell there more and more. It is definitely a work in progress, but it is coming! I love it all! haha 

As far as investigators go, we are basically starting over. We have only been able to get in contact and meet with one of the investigators that the previous Elders were working with. He is an "eternigator" and probably won't be getting baptized any time soon. But, we introduced him to Family History, and he is so excited to start learning about his ancestors! We spent some good time with him at the family history center just getting everything set up for him. I am excited for him to begin because there is such a special spirit that comes with doing our Family history work! So, we might not have a ton of investigators, but the elders did leave us with a lot of good potentials! And, through our own efforts, we are finding people who are open to and ready to hear about the gospel! I am excited to watch the work in this area build as we are out each day opening our mouths and trying to find. 

One awesome investigator that we now have is named Evanni. He had met with missionaries when he lived in Nigeria! Since then, he has moved here to Canada, and started a family. He desires his kids to be raised knowing about Christ and he himself is excited to learn about the Book of Mormon and how it can help him in his life! As we meet with him, hopefully later today, our focus is going to be inviting his wife to join us and listen to the message we have to share! Uniting families is the best!

Something that I heard this week from another missionary that I really appreciated is the statement: "The world is becoming uncomfortable for us to live in." They went on to say that that is why people sin, so they may feel more comfortable in this wicked place. I just thought it was some good food for thought! 

Also, my favorite scripture right now is Ether 12:12 (I am almost positive that is the correct reference... :) ) It talks about faith. I read it all the time! I just feel like this scripture is SO applicable to everyone, but especially me and the work that I am doing! We have to push forward with faith, and as we do so, we will receive the help and strength that we need! Faith is SO important! It is the first principal of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Sometimes, it is hard to be patient with ourselves or others, but as we do all that we can, we must have Faith that the Lord will do His part! I am so grateful to know that I have made covenants with my Heavenly Father, and that He is bound to them as I do my part! I love this work and this gospel! It is truly amazing! 

Well, I love you all! I hope you have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat week! Stay safe! Try not to party too hard! 

-Sister Robison 
Enjoy this sweet picture with my old investigator Carol, from Jamaica! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Sister Gillin's Letter This Week

    Tuesday, May 12, 2015
    Mommy Day = Bestest Day
    Moms day was the Bomb! so says every missionary in the whole world!! ;) But let’s be real here.. Who doesn't love to see their family?! My family is probably the coolest family though.. :D
    It was so much fun to see how they are all growing up! Both in the way of physically and spiritually! (my family is tall now, I am a shrimp) It is amazing to see how much we all have grown through the difficult times we have had! You can either take these terrible times and let them pull you apart, or use them to grow and step closer to God. My family has definitely used them to grow closer to God and I am sooo grateful for their example!

    I love my new area! It is different! That is for sure! I am getting use to all of this walking though! I am being healthy!! :D And I am starting to figure out the buses all by myself! I feel like such a big sister now!! The bus is interesting.. Many fun and interesting people. I know lots of people smoke weed here.. cause I can smell it all the time.. but I didn’t think someone would just whip out a joint and start smoking it on the bus! Now that was fun!! :) I probably should have given him a mormon.org card.. Ill find him again and give him one! I am also starting to get somewhat tan!! Still super white, you know cause I am Sister Gillins, but a little tan!! :D You would all be so proud of me!

    This week we met this super cool guy from Africa! He has been all over the world though! He met missionaries in Italy and had a Book of Mormon while in Africa that he left. We were able to meet with him this week. He really wants his family to sit down and listen to our message.. which is hard. They will sit down then get up and get something and just not really care.. but it will work somehow!! We have been praying for a family to teach!! So it was really cool when he said he wants his whole family to learn the gospel! :) Prayers really do come true!! ;)

    This morning in my studies I was reading from John (John is like my most favorite apostle!) and I came across John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace . In the world ye shall have tribulation : but be of good cheer ; I have overcome the world. I love it!! I was able to understand it. Christ gives us peace. That is why He left us with the Holy Ghost. The world, all it gives us is tribulation. Sometimes it seems like it is too much to overcome sometimes! We are thrown a lot of curve balls, but Christ, He overcame this world! He was here, He went through it all. So He is someone we can look to when things get hard, when we don’t feel we can take it anymore. We can be happy and have peace. That is part of the gift Christ gave us!

    I hope you all have a great week! I love each of you so much!! Thank you for the prayers!!

    -Sister Gillins

    ReplyDelete