Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 14 - 3 Months Already?

                                                                                                                              May 4, 2015
Well, I am officially done with training! Transfer calls came and (drumb roll please......) I will be moving from the Etobicoke South area with Sister Maas, to the Etobicoke NORTH area with Sister Gillins! We have yet to meet, but I am sure she is awesome! We will be pink washing into our old Zone Leader's area. I am sightly nervous about the apartment condition... But, the nice thing is that I already know the ward and most of the area! I will also still be working closely with Sister Maas and her new companion as we divide and conquer to build up the ward and the areas! I am excited, it should be good! A great new adventure! 

This week was hard, and long, but so worth it! Satan really did NOT want Raman and Mariyam to get baptized this week! But, just to show him, they ended up not only getting baptized, but also confirmed!! But seriously, it was such a stressful week. For a while, once again, we weren't sure if they would be able to get baptized! Raman and Mariyam are so busy and it was looking like we might have to push the date back for 2 months, not because of worthiness, but just because of scheduling! Raman works in a very skilled position (apparently training for the position takes 2 years..) and will not be able to get Sunday's off for the next 2 months because they are moving locations (or something of the sorts...). And as many of you probably know, new converts have to be confirmed in Sacrament Meeting. But, it would be 2 months before he would be able to be there again... that was not going to be good! It was such an accomplishment to get this past Sunday off, and we were not going to let it go to waste! Sister Maas and I had fasted and earnestly prayed for them to be able to get baptized on Sunday and we were determined to make it work! We had already received the confirmation that our fast was acceptable, but we just didn't see how it would all come together.. .But, it did! Once again, another great faith and testimony building experience! Not only were they able to get baptized on Sunday morning, but also confirmed during church. It was a beautiful experience, and I am so grateful that I was able to be there and see it all happen! They are going to be such Kingdom Builders, and I am glad I will still be in the ward so I can continue to see and support them! 

I have also learned a lot about prayer and the spirit with this past week. I have such a testimony of prayer! As we pray for righteous things, the Lord will give it to us! The trick is to pray earnestly and specifically. Earnestly meaning that we have to continuously ask with a true desire. Ask like your life depended on it! And, our prayers need to be specific! I really appreciate the quote sent to me indirectly from Aunt Janette, pulled out of that BYU-I devotional about praying specifically for those with "pure hearts and real intent" to be led to us! Since we have begun to do that, as well as to earnestly pray for a family to teach, we have received just that! Suman and his daughter were led to us! A few days later, we were able to go to his house and begin teaching them and the mother of the family! They expressed to us that they were searching! They wanted to know what religion was really true, and was the best! He had, at different points, been Hindu, Buddhist, and i believe even Sikh! She has already been looking into Christianity for some time. Although I will not be able to continue to teach them, I am excited to hear about how they will progress as they seek it out and earnestly pray to our Heavenly Father themselves! 
Well, another good and meaningful week, and another good an meaningful transfer! I am excited to see where this next transfer will take me! I am also excited to talk to you all next week! I will try and figure out where and when we will be able to talk, and hopefully get someone to send an email to you to let you know! (Sorry! It was just tough not knowing where we were going to be!) I will also let you know my new address this next week! 

ALSO, please give Nate a BIG hug for me! I am so excited for him! He has done amazing things! I am excited to hopefully (but probably won't..) hear more from him! Tell him I love him and I wish I could be there, but I am too busy serving the Lord to make that happen! 

Lots of love! Stay golden!         Sister Robison 

1 comment:

  1. I have added Sister Gillin's letters mostly for Katie's benefit so she can read what her companion had to say about the same weeks time.

    Monday, May 4, 2015
    STAR WARS DAY!!

    I am sooo happy about Star Wars day! I am wearing my yoda socks!! Boo-Ya!! May the fourth be with you all ;)

    Sooooo transfer news! I knew you all thought this would be my last area.. me too, but surprise! They are sending me to the city!! Yay! I will be going to Etobicoke North. I am whitewashing again, so me and my comp have never been there before and it is a bus area!! yay the bus in the summer!! :D I will be sweaty and stinky and I'll be burnt to a crisp!! Oh ya!! Living the dream! My new companion will be Sister Robinson! I don’t know anything about her yet but she looks like the cutest little thing! She has only been out for 12 weeks!! So this will super fun!! :D

    We have seen some pretty cool miracles this week!! We had a former out of the blue just text us and say that she has stopped smoking and ready to learn more! So that was really awesome!! And a ton of ESL students came to church this week!! We were able to set up times to meet with them during the week to be able to teach them the gospel!! It has been a hard and rough transfer, but through hard work and patience we have seen miracles! It’s sad that our area is closing down though... but the Elders who will be covering this area will take good care of the new people we were able to find this week!!

    Not too many exciting things happened… I mean I am getting a little bit of a tan line but that’s all, having a good time breaking in some of my new shoes! It’s great!! This week we took the Elders bus passes to ride the bus and talk to more people. I am kinda scared at bus contacting, but it was good practice for what is coming up now!! :)

    Don’t have too much to say except for this very important tid bit… so, listen… the Lord looks after each of us. Sometimes I don’t understand why things happen the way they do but God does. He is looking after every little thing and is cheering us on from on high!! We just need to stop and listen sometimes.

    Remember…”Yo-da-best”
    -Sister Gillins

    OH!! Happy Cinco de Mayo tomorrow!!!!


    ReplyDelete