Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 29 - Another week in the life of a Missionary!

                                                                                                                         August 17, 2015


Family! Thank you for the notes from the reunion! It brightened my entire week to read through those and hear from all of you! You are great, and I love you bunches! :) 

This week was one of those weeks where we were reminded that missionary work can be hard! But, also happy, rewarding and great all at once! We saw many miracles this week. A spiritual highlight was a lesson we had with a lovely investigator Peggy. We decided to bring the bishop's wife teaching with us. Teaching appointments are so inspired! We had a great discussion about the Plan of Salvation, and our member just said everything perfectly and helped Peggy understand things with greater clarity. Peggy loves the bible, and so sometimes that makes it a little tough. But, we have been able to refer to the bible, as well as teach new and restored truths out of the Book of Mormon. We feel that Peggy is moving along quite well. We are excited for her to come to church this next Sunday. It really will be what makes the difference for her. She has been going to what she calls "Arm Chair Churches" and is ready for something much better. We know she will feel the spirit while she is there and really love it! 

Saturday was a rough day for us. It was one of those days in the mission where you have a ton of finding time, which is great! But, as you are out, no one else is. And those that are out yell at you, want to argue with you, or refuse to talk to you... I should mention that there were a few nice people, and we greatly appreciated their kind spirits! But, other than that... haha it was a good day for the journal. Luckily, we had to fill up with gas, and therefore had a time to grab slurpees to help us get through it. Mission life can be hard! But, I love it none the less! With the hard times also come neat experiences. Later that night, as I knelt in prayer, I could just feel my Savior's love for me. I could feel angles, more specifically relatives, around me bearing me up. I am not alone in the work, and for that I am eternally grateful. :) God is real people. And the Gospel has been restored! 

I might have said this last week but... Finding time has become my favorite as of recently! I love being able to share my testimony with others. I love being able to help others feel the spirit. The work is good, and is moving along well! 

I just want to take a moment and say thank you to my parents. I am so grateful for the wonderful examples my parents set for me in my life. They have truly played a huge part in my life, and are one of the main reasons why I am who I am today. The more I learn about how we can help our families be un-spotted from the world, the more I see how great of a role my parents played in my life and the more I realize how amazing and wise they were! 
With that being said, I know that I would not be who I am without the countless great examples in my life! My relatives, family, friends, ward, stake, and so forth. I love you all! Thank you for helping me become the person that I am today! 

Have a great week! Much Love!                                                                      Sister Robison


No comments:

Post a Comment