Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 27 - I know, I know, these Canadian Holidays! Crazy eh?

                                                                                                                          August 4, 2015

Dad: I had a chance to skim through your lesson, it looks great! Keep it up! Teaching Gospel Essentials is not an easy task! The things that best help me when I am teaching anything, is just to keep in mind that it can be simple, and you just need to connect the dots! I am sure you will do great as a teacher! I am excited for you! :) Also, I was able to print your letter! 

Mom: Thank you for that wonderful letter about the trek! What a great experience for all involved! Tell Karly that she gave it her all, and that is great! And, now she can just join me in the excitement of waiting to be a yw leader one day so that I can go on one! :) Make sure to send me pictures of Katie Wrights wedding! And, don't forward on to Brad please. :) 

Nate, Kara, Kelly, Karly, I love you! :) SO much!! 

So sorry! Canada just has really random and sometimes really strange holidays... but it is great none the less! 

It has been quite the week, and a good week for that matter! Nothing makes me happier than doing missionary work! Talking to everyone, regardless of how scary they might seem to be! I am so happy doing the work. I am so grateful for Sister Simon! Grateful that we can get out and work and work and work! She is so sweet, so good at testifying, and so good at loving others! I love her :) 

This week, we saw a lot of neat little miracles. The greatest would have to be picking up a former from two years ago! We were supposed to have a lesson with a pretty solid investigator, but they ended up canceling. So, we fell to our back up plan! Turns out the former, Stacey, was in need of help just like she was the first time missionaries came to her door! We were able to return a few days later and teach her about the restoration. There was a great spirit there during the lesson. Despite Sister Simon and I only being together for a few days, the lesson went really well, and flowed a lot! At the end of the lesson, we invited her to be baptized. She readily accepted, commenting that she isn't sure why she feels this way, but she hopes what we have taught is true. It is the coolest thing to see the spirit working within someone, even though they cannot recognize it themselves!  

I am grateful for the blessings that come as we plan effectively, pray, and  then go out and work our hardest to bring to pass the Lord's will! Something has changed this week, I have discovered a greater desire to devote and consecrate my whole self to the work. I don't want to do anything that will hold me, my companion, or my area back from receiving those blessings!  It is going to be a great transfer! 

We have spent a large part of the week trying to get to know the members and the area! It really is a bunch of small towns, and so there are times where I feel like I'm in Utah or Idaho! We love it :)  We have also spent a good deal of time doing lots of service for members this past week! We have done everything from cleaning a house, to seeding a lawn in the pouring rain! Great times with great people that make for great memories that I will cherish for a long time. 

I am just so grateful to be a missionary! To go out and work and to love the people! I love inviting all to come unto Christ, and rarely have I ever been happier! :) This transfer is going to be a good one. I am excited for it! 

Well, I love you all! Have a great week! Stay cool, and enjoy your final month of summer! :) 

Much love, 

Sister Robison 
One of me and a mini horse out in the middle of our area somewhere...
Sister Simon and I eating donuts from Tim Hortons!
welland bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment