Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 33 - Training, Weather, and the Mission Vision! God is great!

                                                                                                            Sept. 14, 2015

Family, friends, random strangers that may or may not read my letters! 

I hope you all had a good week! We sure did here in Welland! Well, it was actually kinda slow... for some reason or another, only one of the people we were working with was able to actually meet with us this week! The rest were out of the country, or recovering from an illness, surgery, or health challenge of some sort! So, we are looking forward to this week where we will be able to meet with more people and have more teaching situations! (Plus, starting tonight, I will be able to go on exchanges with the one and only Sister Maas! She will be joining me in Welland! Yippee! I love her and am so excited(: ) 

I love being with my fresh companion! Her name is Sister Edwards! She is from Farr West, Utah. She loves to read, imitate accents, and has one of those quite but super funny personalities! She continues to amaze me as we work together! She is a great teacher and already has a great understanding of the gospel! I am so grateful for this time that I have to work with her and learn from her! I am pretty sure on our first day together, I was more nervous about everything than she was! haha... But, now, it is all good! We are both just doing our best, working hard, and having fun while doing it! On our 2 hour drive from the Mission Home to our area, she expressed to me that she was excited to talk to people from all over the world (similar to one of the things I was most excited about!)! I felt a little bad when I had to let her know that Welland is not that diverse... However, since we have been here and talking with people, about 60% of those we have talked with have been from places all over the world. God loves missionaries, but He especially loves His new missionaries! Blessings for Sister Edwards :) 

One of the  most notable things about this week would probably be the weather... haha! We went from about a week and a half of 30+ and tons of humidity, to 12 with rain and wind in the matter of a day or two! And of course, the day it decides to be super cold and miserable, we decided to go to the corner of our area to contact a media referral we received from the church headquarters! We were not prepared for the weather... I had a prompting to grab a sweater before we left, but alas, I decided to put it aside thinking, "All will be okay! It can't be that cold!" ...That is the last time I do that! Poor Sister Edwards.. I made her work through the weather... But, all is well because we found a nice potential investigator named Tom! We were able to talk to him for about 15 minutes about how the gospel blesses families! It was a great experience for us both. Blessings come when we sacrifice and work through it all! :) 

We had an awesome fireside at the stake center with the Ward Mission Leaders and the Bishops last night. President and Sister Clayton were there! They were officially introducing the new Mission Vision to the ward leaders. I am so excited about the direction in which the mission is headed. Missionaries and Ward Council Members are going to be partnering up to help bring others to the Gospel of Jesus Christ! The time for Members and Missionaries to be working together is truly here in the CTM! As we partner with the ward council, we (the missionaries) will begin teaching ALL the families in the ward! Active, Less Active, Part Member, and so on! As all are hearing the messages the missionaries share, it will increase their testimonies. As our understanding of the gospel increases, our testimony increases, and our desire to share it increases! So the goal is for the Missionaries to work through the ward council to set up times to meet with members throughout the ward. Once things get going, we will be teaching 20+ lessons a week. Eventually, finding through our own efforts will become a thing of the past. THIS IS SO COOL! I know that this is how missionary work should be. I know that this is what the Lord wants for the Southern Ontario area. I have had this confirmed to me time and time again! I am so excited for Sister Edwards! She has come out at a wonderful time! I know she has to be a powerful missionary. This new Mission Vision could not have been introduced 6 or 7 months ago because the mission and the members were not ready for it. The missionaries that the Lord needed were not here yet. But, now, they are! And so, it commences! I am excited to keep you posted. I know it will probably take a long while before everything is truly rolling. But, as we have patience, and are diligent, things will take off! 

I am excited. I am grateful. I love missionary work. I hope you have a great week! Remember to read from the Book of Mormon every day, every day, every day! General Conference is coming up soon, and we need to make sure our hearts are prepared to hear the messages that the Lord is trying to convey to us! Love you all! 

Sister Robison 

No comments:

Post a Comment