Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 36 - General Conference, What a Delight :)

                                                                                                                         October 5, 2015

Well, wasn't General Conference wonderful?! We had a wonderful weekend filled with the spirit! 

On Friday, we had a Zone meeting to which President and Sister Clayton randomly showed up to! At the end, President Clayton offered some wonderful advice that really hit home. Patience is everything. So many changes are taking place in the mission and it is key for us to make sure we are patient in all things. He asked us to stop looking at our feet, and to look at the sky. In other words, look at the miracles that are taking place around you! There are so many miracles. We just need to look up and see them! If we don't we will miss them and what is the fun in that! 

To go along with this, perspective is also everything. I have been striving to find even more joy in the work. As we choose to be happy and turn the rest to the Lord, attitudes change, and the work changes. Instead of choosing to stress over the work, I have decided to do my very best, do all the small things, and then let the Lord worry and work out the rest. I am here to accomplish His will and this will happen as I turn more over to Him and change my perspective! 

I personally loved the Saturday sessions of General Conference. My particular favorite, at the moment, was from Larry R. Lawrence. The Spirit is one of our greatest tools in our eternal progression! I am so grateful for the gift of the spirit in my life. He has helped me to become a better me. I know that we can receive answers to our prayers through Him. He will help us as we seek out His guidance and help. 

I also loved ponderizing a verse of scripture! My dear family, if you would really like me to, I would love to choose the scripture for the family each week! :) I was going to start with Moroni 10:32, my mission scripture! I am excited to be uplifted by various verses each week and to grow closer to Christ as I do so. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the scripture this week, and if you have any scriptures you wish to ponderize, then please, let me know! hehe :) 

The work this week was a little slow, with lots of appointments sometimes comes lots of cancellations. But, the ward is supportive, we will be working closer with the ward council, especially with our Ward Mission Leader, and I know that it will help the work here! Something we are really coming to understand is that it is not just our work. It is the Welland ward's work! We are just here to assist and to teach. How great is my calling! 

I love it. I love missionary work. I love the gospel. I love serving. I love going about and doing good. I love being His hands and His instrument. I love doing His work and His will. There is no greater calling. 

I hope you have a wonderful week! Make sure to stay cool, and I will make sure to stay warm! 

Loves

Sister Robison


No comments:

Post a Comment