Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 31 - Fam Bam and Friends

                                                                                                                         August 31, 2015
Hello hello hello! 

So, not much to report on this week. It was a little bit of a harder week. We are still trying to figure out exactly what we are to do with all the new material President Clayton has given us... We have received a lot of new things over the past few months, and are just trying to figure out what still applies, what does not, how to implement it into our area, and so forth. We have exchanges tonight though, so I will be able to ask my Sister Training Leader LOTS of questions! :) 

So, it is completely official. I wish I would have played more hymns while I was taking Piano. I am grateful for the Piano experience that I do have however, because it helps me to get by! I play the piano almost weekly for various meetings. Often times I have little to no time to practice. So, sometimes, it comes out interesting.. but other times, really well! Thank you Mom and Dad for allowing me to have this talent that I can use to help invite the spirit into different meetings and occasions! :) Thank you past piano teachers, and especially Sandra! I would die without knowing and understanding chords... :) 

This past week, I have really gained a testimony of having friend present lessons! We were able to have 5 this past week with investigators, which is pretty good! It has been amazing to see just how helpful the members have been in the lessons. They are so key in testifying and sharing stories and thoughts! One member even showed up with a huge list of scriptures on Apostasy that our Investigator was in great need of! As we bring members to fellowship, the investigator feels more comfortable. I could go on forever about the benefits of having a member present. It is just a great thing! So, with that, if the missionaries invite you to go out teaching with them! Do so! It is a great thing that will also help you to strengthen your own testimony and help you find a desire to share the gospel with more of your friends around you! :) 

Family, well, those at home! I cannot tell you how happy it made me to hear that you are doing a pretty consistent FHE! Ahhh! I wanted to cry for joy. I have such a testimony of FHE! We have been able to go around and do a few with members in the ward this past week. It has been so fun! We played the silly fruit game with them (a goofy game where you have to talk and cannot show your teeth or else you are out!). It has been a blast and so fun to get to know the members better and feel of their spirits. It has been funny to see all the little kids that we have played that game with at church. All of them insist on talking to us without showing us their teeth. So cute :) Anyways, keep it up! That is awesome :) 

This week, Sacrament meeting for us was wonderful. One of the speakers spoke on Daniel in the Lions Den. She brought up the interesting point that God could have easily taken Daniel out of the den. However, then he would have missed the experience of being IN the den. Similarly, God can easily take our trials away in life. He can easily fix everything. However, if He did, then we would miss the experience that our trials give us. We go through everything for a reason. It is meant to help us become stronger and better, and give us experience! I love it. I love being humbled and learning to put my faith in the Lord. It is one of the greatest blessings. 

Well, I love you! Have a stellar week! Take care and enjoy school! :)                                   Sister Robison 

No comments:

Post a Comment