Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 13 - Good Morning to you! (Good afternoon for me!)

                                                                                                                          April 27, 2015                                                                                                                          
Hey Family! 

This week has been good! I feel like the days have all kinda ran together.. But, that is how it goes when you are doing missionary work! 

It is official, I have gotten Sister Maas hooked to those Hawaiian Punch juice flavor things that you sent. We greatly enjoy them, so thank you for that! 

We were not actually able to meet with Joseph Smith this week :( BUT, we are sure that it will happen this week! We are both so excited for that :) 

The highlight of our week has been working with Raman and Miriyam, the engaged couple who were member referrals. We are 99% sure they will be getting baptized this Sunday! We are so excited for them! They are awesome. We were teaching them the Word of Wisdom Saturday night and after reading through those substances that we abstain from, Raman relayed to us that 3 days earlier he stopped drinking Coffee and Tea all on his own. I definitely think that was through a prompting by the spirit, but regardless, SO COOL! They are so awesome. It has been so fun to teach them because they are of such difference backgrounds (they are from India and Pakistan). It is humbling to see how the Lord works with our investigators. 

As of this week, we have a new and awesome investigator! Her name is Carol, and she is from Jamaica. The only struggle with her is that she is very much Jamaican. Meaning, she is very relaxed and so sometimes our appointments fall through. But, she is awesome. She is actually a friend of Emmanuel's! And, she was even taught by the missionaries 13 years ago before she moved to Etobicoke! What a miracle that we 1, found Emmanuel and 2, that he introduced us to her! God is so great! 

This past week, I have come to a greater appreciation of the fact that we all have weaknesses. Sometimes, it is easy to let these weaknesses get us down. I totally let my weaknesses get me down for about a day this past week. It seems like, while being on the mission, your strengths and weaknesses are magnified. As much as I don't like this, I am grateful for my weaknesses. In the past week, I have gained such a testimony of Jacob 4:7 "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." We haven been given weaknesses so that we may be humbled. I am grateful for my weaknesses because they remind me that I cannot go through life on my own. As much as I wish I sometimes could, I ALWAYS need my Savior, and I always need the atonement. Last week, we watched Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration with Miriyam. We watched the version that was narrated by Joseph's mom. While watching, there was a line that really stood out to me. She said, "Joseph was called in his weakness." I found such comfort in this line. I also found comfort in the talk given by President Uchtdorf in the 2011 General Conference- You Matter to Him. Towards the end, he says "The Lord entrusts the fullness of His gospel to be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world. He has chosen the weak things of the world to come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones and to put to shame the things which are mighty." I am so humbled by this. I am weak. But, I know that I have been called by a Prophet of God, and with the help of the Lord, I can do ALL things! :) I love challenges. Well, I love coming out of a challenge or rough patch. You always learn so much! So, that is my 2 cents for the week. (Don't worry mom and dad, I was down for like a day, but got through it, and am doing really well once again! The mission is a roller coaster. You should look up "The ups and downs of missionary life" I believe that is the name... It is a poem that perfectly describes the life of a missionary!) 

I am not sure how much time I have left in Etobicoke. Transfers are next week. I could be staying, or leaving. I will let you know next week though because I will be able to skype home for mother's day! ...That has come up so fast. Kinda seems unreal... But, regardless, I am going to give my all to the Etobicoke area this next week! I love you and hope you have a good week! :) 

Much love, Sister Robison 

No comments:

Post a Comment