Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 34 - Listen to the Holy Spirit in all things

                                                                                                                   September 21, 2015

Hello! Hello! 

This has been a wonderful week, full of lots of tiny miracles! We have had a plethora of great experiences! We had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders, as well as Zone Conference! More than anything, I have learned, once again, how vital it is to have the spirit with us while laboring in the Lord's vineyard! 

First thing first, I will let you know a little more about my dear companion! Sister Edwards is doing well! This week we focused on teaching the Restoration. She does a great job teaching in simplicity. We also focused on OYMing, to help her feel more comfortable with talking to strangers! It has been great to see her improve in her ability to contact! She is becoming more comfortable with it as she is doing more of it! The biggest thing is just reminding her to be patient with herself! Focus on only a few goals at a time, and the rest will come! It is interesting to be reminded of just how hard or intimidating things seemed when I first came out! I never thought I would have been able to train another missionary! But, over time, we all learn, grow and progress! I was reminded of how much I have grown once again while I spent the day with Sister Maas in Welland! 

I just love Sister Maas! It was so fun for us to spend some time together in this marvelous work! She is doing so well! She only has about 4 months left- crazy how time goes on eh?! It was kinda weird for both of us to be with each other in a car area... my oh my how we miss the beloved buses! But, Sister Maas and I had a wonderful day where we were literally running from appointment to appointment! We saw lots of miracles though. 

Not too long ago, one of my previous companions and I started doing service for a LA (Less Active) couple. We offered to come help them with a few things, but only if they would allow us to "practice" teaching a lesson on them each time! This week, after the service (gardening and mowing the lawn! ... pretty sure it was my first time ever mowing someone's lawn:)), we began to share our lesson. The spirit was so strong, and by the end of the lesson, the couple began talking about how they wish to be sealed in the temple! Sister Maas and I were both overcome with Joy! What a wonderful experience! We are now working to get them back to church, and so on! I am grateful for the work of salvation! A reactivation, and helping someone(s) to get to the next ordinance is just as important as a baptism! 

A little later in the day, we were headed to another appointment. We were already running a few minutes late. When we stepped out of the car though, this random lady off the street invited us into her house! We were there for around 10 or 15 minutes, what the! She didn't become a new investigator, but, we did leave there with a Gatorade each, and 3 referrals! :) I am so grateful! 

The rest of the exchanges went very well! We had fun, and I believe we both learned a lot! 

The rest of the week was a little slow. But, Sunday was awesome! First, I just have to mention that Sister Edwards and I had a crazy Sunday. We both sang in the choir, the Sister Edwards gave a talk, then we taught the 12-18 year old Sunday School class, and then to top it off, we taught Relief society! Crazy. But, we had an appointment fall through later in the day. So, we were able to go for a finding walk, and came away with some great experiences, contacts, and some solid potentials! The Lord really does bless us as we follow the spirit. But, in order to follow the spirit, we need to make sure we have the spirit! How can we have the spirit with us? Pretty simple, obey the commandments, and live the gospel! I know that as we do this, we are able to have the Holy Ghost with us! He is essential in helping us to live, grow, and learn! I would be so lost without his subtle promptings and gentle nudgings! 

Well, I am afraid that is all I have time for! But, I love you! I hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts, it makes a difference! God hears them and answers them! 

Much love! 
Sister Robison 
Sister Vance and I
Sister Simon and I and our "this is our awkward pose!" picture! 

Sister Edwards' first time at Tim Hortons! :) Had to get that on camera! 

No comments:

Post a Comment